How do I Join Triangle MLS as a Licensed Home Inspector (LHIS)? Follow
North Carolina licensed home inspectors can apply for a Licensed Home Inspector Subscription (LHIS) to Triangle MLS. This subscription allows home inspectors to schedule inspection appointments through the Showing Service (ShowingTime) and obtain lockbox access to properties in order to complete home inspections when sellers and listing brokers permit it. This subscription does not provide any access to the MLS system.
- The candidate may not be a REALTOR®. (REALTORS® seeking inspector access must join the MLS by affiliating with an MLS participating broker or appraiser.)
- The candidate must hold an active home inspector license, in good standing, from the North Carolina Home Inspector Licensure Board (NCHILB), as confirmed on the NCHILB website.
- Triangle MLS Licensed Home Inspector Subscriber Application
- Triangle MLS SentriLock User Agreement*
*This form is required to have access to SentriLock lockboxes and the SentriKey Real Estate App.
- Schedule of Fees and Payment
Please include your method of payment on this form.
- Please read the LHIS Policy as it summarizes eligibility for LHIS in Triangle MLS, as well as their rights and duties.
Completed paperwork must be emailed directly to Subscribership@TriangleMLS.com.
This subscription is available to natural persons; subscription is not by company. In the event any individual in a firm of licensed inspectors obtains a subscription, all the licensed inspectors in that firm active in Alamance, Caswell, Chatham, Durham, Franklin, Granville, Halifax, Harnett, Johnston, Lee, Nash, Orange, Person, Vance, Wake and Warren counties of North Carolina must also be LHIS.
LHIS may not share their system login IDs/passwords, lockbox codes, or other access information with other LHIS, other licensed home inspectors, non-licensed staff or contractors (whether those individuals are in the same firm as the LHIS or not), or any other person under any circumstances.
Once your application has been processed, you will receive a confirmation email from Triangle MLS which includes your MLS ID and MLS office ID. You will also receive an email from ShowingTime inviting you to download the ShowingTime mobile app. You also have the ability to register yourself at https://apptcenter.showingdesk.com/Account/Login. Once you have completed the online Orientation, you will receive an email from SentriLock with your SentriKey activation instructions. Click here to watch a short video on accessing a property with a SentriLock electronic lockbox.
Processing can take up to two (2) business days once TMLS have received all completed forms and payment.
If you have any questions, please contact our Membership Department at (919) 654-5419 option 3 or email Subscribership@TriangleMLS.com.