The Data Integrity Team at Triangle MLS is welcoming former AMLS agents and is ready with resources to ensure a smooth start. Please visit our Help Center for information such as Listing entry deadlines, Coming Soon Policy, Photo Requirements, and Accessing Property for Showings.
Key Rules and Regs (see below)
Sign up for Classes HERE
See Recorded Classes HERE
TMLS Rules and Regs can be downloaded HERE
Data Integrity Guidelines (including the fine structure and hearing process) can be found HERE
Key Rules and Regs
We encourage you to sit through one of our Data Integrity classes and read through the full Rules and Regs document. Below is a summary of some of our rules and processes put in place to make this a fair and equitable marketplace.
- Listings must be entered within one day of the Contract (or Marketing Data if specified) as stated on the Listing Agreement.
- Listing Photos. The minimum number of photos needs to be uploaded within 7 days.
- Minimum Photo Requirements:
- Residential Resale: 3
- Residential New Construction: 1
- Residential Lease: 1
- Commercial for Sale: 3
- Commercial for Lease: 0
- Land: 0
- Coming Soon period: Max 30 days.
- If changed by the agent, the listing will automatically be switched to Active at the end of the 30th day
- Not accepting Showings: Listing Status must be set to Hold if showings are not accepted for a period of 48 hours or more. The No Showings/Hold Form needs to be uploaded to the listing.
- Any changes to the listing must be reflected in the MLS within 2 business days. This includes status changes.
- For Firm/Office Exclusive listings the “No Cooperation - Office Exclusive - Withheld Form” must be submitted to Triangle MLS within 1 day of the Execution Date of the Listing Agreement. The form is available here.
- Accessing a Property. Gaining access to a property listed in Triangle MLS ALWAYS requires an appointment scheduled through ShowingTime or directly with the Listing Agent. Accessing a property without an appointment is considered trespassing and will result in a $1500 fine.
Accurate and Timely Data
Triangle MLS uses several methods to check listings for compliance.
- Real-Time Validation
- As you are entering listing information, the TMLS Listing Manager will continually check that the input is clean, accurate, and compliant with TMLS Rules and Regs.
- Post Entry/Update Check
- Automated Checks:
- It is not everything we can check in real-time, TMLS is using a product that checks listings after they have been submitted. This also includes submitted changes.
- Manual Checks
- Each Front End platform (Flex-MLS, Matrix, and Paragon) has a Report button that is made available to agents who wish to flag a listing for displaying incorrect information. Agents flagging a listing will be anonymous to the Listing Agent.
- The Triangle MLS team also performs spot checks on listings for accuracy and compliance.
If a listing is flagged for inaccurate data or other potential violations, the listing agent will receive a Notice from the Data Integrity Team with instructions. Most notices are simple reminders or requests for clarification. Depending on the issue, some notices may include a fine. The Data Integrity team encourages you to read through the Data Integrity Guidelines to better understand when notices and fines are issued.
If you believe a Violation Notice and/or Fine has been issued in an error you should always reach out to the Data Integrity Team and explain why the Notice/Fine is invalid. If you do not agree with their decision, your Broker-in-Charge can request a hearing in front of a panel of practitioners. The process for requesting a hearing is provided in the Data Integrity Guidelines document.
For any questions, please reach out to our Data Integrity team at 919-654-5419 option 2 or at email@example.com.
Fines: Most Common Violations
Photo Count: $100
- The minimum number of photos must be uploaded to the listing within 7 days of the listing going live. NOTE: The minimum number of photos requirement applies to all listings, including listings that have closed, been withdrawn, or expired.
Photos, floorplans, renderings, etc. uploaded as photos to the Triangle MLS system must comply with the following rules:
* Photos must not include contact information or marketing/promotional messages
* Photos must be of the subject property and/or immediate surrounding area.
*There is no requirement of requested interior over exterior photos for a primary photo.
The Triangle MLS system allows for up to 100 photos to be uploaded. The minimum number of required photos uploaded to a listing is:
* Residential Resale: 3
* Residential New Construction: 1
* Residential Lease: 1
* Commercial for Sale: 3
* Commercial for Lease: 0
* Land: 0
Late Status Changes: $100
- Status changes should be completed within two business days from the effective date of the change. The first fine is waived for this violation, but $100 thereafter.
Inaccurate Status: $100
- This violation includes listings that are Active, but not available for immediate showings for a period of more than 48 hours.
Clear Cooperation Policy
- First violation is auto waived
- Fine Tier
*$500 Second Offense
*$1000 Third Offense
*$1500 Fourth Offense
Branded Virtual Tours: $100
- Should not include any agent/firm branding or visibility of identifiable people
Contact Information: $100
- Please avoid messages in the Public Remarks field that could be taken as encouraging potential buyers to contact anyone other than their agent directly. You may however place contact info in the Agent and Syndication Remarks field.
Inappropriate Information $100
- Messages indicating this listing was a “Short Sale” should be placed in Public Remarks
- Open House messages may be placed in the Syndication Remarks and Open House section during listing input.
- Incentives and promotional messages should be placed in Agent Remarks only.
- Remember the Financial Comments Field is considered a Public Remarks field and it mirrors the same rules. This field may only include the source of any financial data entered during listing input or any specific financial oddity about the property such as but not limited to financial fees that pertain to the property itself. Examples include additional HOA fees, assessment fees, anything that the buyer may be responsible for paying, etc. Please note that this field is not used for incentives.
Late Entry: $500
- Listing entry deadline one (1) Calendar day from the time that marketing begins.
Breach of Confidentiality is an ethical issue and is handled by your local Association's Professional Standards Representative. This does not incur a fine from Data Integrity.
“Correctable violations” do not carry a fine if corrected within the required time frame. If the Subscriber does not correct the violation within 2 business days, a Notice of Non-Compliance will be sent and a fine of $100 will be assessed every 2 business days the Subscriber does not correct the violation for a maximum fine of $500.
Data Integrity may also “courtesy” waive the first fine of any correctable violation type, provided the violation is corrected.
Category lll Violations not subject to waiver:
- Entering a listing in the MLS without an executed exclusive listing agreement. (Sec. 1)
- Late entry of listing into the MLS system. (Sec. 1)
- Placing lock box on property without seller’s written permission. (Sec. 16 b)
- Entering a property without a showing appointment or approval of the listing agent. (Sec. 2 b)
- Showing a property in a Coming Soon or No Showing status.
*4th Potential suspension from TMLS for a period of one year. Reinstatement will require the approval of the Board of Directors.
Category lll Violations not subject to waiver:
- Unauthorized disclosure of MLS password. (Sec. 4.4)
- Unauthorized disclosure of any PIN used to access electronic lockboxes. (Sec. 16)
- Unauthorized lockbox combination disclosure. (Sec. 16 d)
- Unauthorized disclosure of ShowingTime appointment center code. (Sec. 2)
*3rd Expelled from MLS for a period of one year. Reinstatement will require the approval of the Board of Directors.
If the Subscriber does not pay all fines within 30 days (including weekends and
holidays) of the original invoice date, the Subscriber will be suspended
If an agent is suspended for non-payment of a Data Integrity fine, only the payment for the fine is due. There is no reconnection fee for a DI suspension.
Any Participant, having reason to believe that the fine imposed on that Participant by the MLS is without merit, may file an "MLS Data Integrity Hearing Request" form. The request for a hearing must:
- Include copies of any relevant documents;
- Include an administrative processing fee in the amount of $100 and
- Be sent to the MLS Data Integrity Director within ten (10) days (excluding weekends and holidays) after the "Triangle MLS Violation”.