If you are an Agent in the Office/Firm, registering your website to use the TMLS SmartFrame as your IDX Provider and displaying IDX listings on your website is a process that will involve both you and your Broker in Charge. These instructions are for both the Agent and Broker in Charge.
Please Note: The Broker in Charge will first need to complete the BIC Instructions and the Agent will then need to complete the Agent Instructions.
Broker in Charge Instructions:
The Broker in Charge will first need to authorize the Agent to use the TMLS SmartFrame by completing the following steps:
- Go to http://idx.trianglemls.com/setup and click “Online Signup” in the far-left column. The far-left column has a heading that reads "Principal Brokers-In-Charge".
a. The BIC will need to log in with their Paragon ID, Paragon Password, and Office Code.
b. After logging in, the BIC will need to make sure they’ve completed the Data Agreement. If the Agreement has already been completed, the screen will say “You’ve already signed up”
c. Click “Back to menu” and then choose “Vendors” from the far-left column
d. Scroll down the Vendor List and find TMLS SmartFrame. The BIC will then need to select either "Some" or "All" next to the appropriate Vendor. Next, scroll to the bottom of the page and click “Update”.
i. "Some" (will allow the BIC to authorize SmartFrame for individual Agents in the office)
ii. "All" (will allow the BIC to authorize SmartFrame for all Agents in the office)
- *(Only do this step if you have chosen "Some" from the previous step)* Return to the Main Menu and then click "Firms Choices for Firms Agents".
a. On the next screen you should see a list of IDX Vendors that you have approved. Scroll down and click on TMLS SmartFrame.
b. On the next screen, put a checkmark next to the correct Agent’s name then click “Continue” at the bottom of the page.
c. Once these steps have been completed, the Agent can then register their website and use SmartFrame as the IDX provider.
Please Note: The Agent will need to complete the following steps after the Broker in Charge has completed the “Broker in Charge Instructions”
- The Agent will then go to https://idx.trianglemls.com/setup and click "Online Signup” from the center column. The center column has a heading that reads "Agents/Non-Principal Brokers".
a. The Agent will need to log in with their Paragon ID and Paragon password
b. After logging in, the Agent will need to make sure they’ve completed the Data Agreement. If the Agreement has already been completed, the screen will say “You’ve already signed up”
- After completing the Data Agreement, go back to the main menu and click “Choose Agent Preferences" from the center column. On the next screen, click "Add a Site".
a. Type in the web address of the site that will display the IDX listings and choose TMLS SmartFrame as the IDX Vendor from the drop-down menu. Click Add.
b. If the TMLS SmartFrame is not available as a selection, then the BIC will need to authorize TMLS SmartFrame for the Agent.
- Click Main menu one last time then click "TMLS IDX Framing Solution" from the center column.
a. You will need to copy the links that you want to use for your website and email them to your web developer. The descriptions for each link are displayed to the left of the link.
b. The web developer will then need to integrate the hyperlinks into the website via an i-frame.
c. This completes the IDX registration using TMLS SmartFrame as the IDX provider.
If you need further assistance, please contact our Data Distribution Department by telephone at: 919-654-5419 -option 4 or by email at: datafeeds@TriangleMLS.com.