Dear Triangle MLS Participants and Subscribers,
Triangle MLS has received numerous complaints from agents related to showings being conducted in unsafe manners. Often this is caused by overlapping showings, showing agents not following showing instructions provided by the listing agent, or agents showing a property outside of their scheduled appointment time. The Triangle MLS Directors take the safety of agents and their clients very seriously and have therefore decided to implement the following changes effective immediately and until further notice:
- Overlapping Showings are not allowed.
- Exclusive Showings Only has been set as the default in ShowingTime. Beginning next week, all listings will be checked for this setting and automatically reset to Exclusive Showings Only if changed.
- If this value is changed to allow overlapping showings, Triangle MLS will be notified.
- The default Maximum Showing Length has been set to 30 minutes.
- Listing agents can change this on a per listing basis.
- A pop-up message will be presented to showing agents when scheduling showings online highlighting the National Association of REALTORS® Showings Guidelines. This pop-up will also emphasize Triangle MLSs rules as they relate to showings.
Triangle MLS believes these changes will allow everyone to continue to sell Real Estate efficiently while keeping Sellers, Buyers, and Agents safe.
The National Association of REALTORS® Showings Guidelines can be downloaded here.
Triangle MLS rules related to showings are:
- Until further notice, Overlapping Showings are not allowed
- Showing instructions as provided by Listing Agent must be followed
- Showings must occur within the scheduled time slot.
- Showings occurring outside the scheduled time slot will result in a $500 fine.
For more information on how to safely conduct showings, please check out our recorded class on the topic below.
Please email us at DataIntegrity@TriangleMLS.com if you have any questions.