Participation in the Triangle MLS is by Company only. For your Company to participate, the Principal of the firm, partnership, corporation, or branch office* must be in good standing as a member of any Association of REALTORS®, have a current valid North Carolina, South Carolina or Virginia real estate broker's license and be capable of offering and accepting cooperation and compensation to and from other Participants or are licensed or certified as designated by an appropriate state regulatory agency to engage in the appraisal of real property.
To get started, you will need the following:
- Triangle MLS Participant Application. Complete the Application and submit it to the TMLS office along with the initiation fee and quarterly user fee (see Schedule of Fees). Fees may only be paid by credit card or check. (If paying by check, please make the check payable to Triangle MLS, Inc. and send or drop it off to: Triangle MLS, 111 Realtors Way, Cary, NC 27513.)
- Triangle MLS Participant Agreement. The TMLS Participant Agreement must be completed and turned in with the Application and all applicable fees. For more information on the Agreement review: TMLS Participant Agreement Explained and Frequently Asked Questions.
- SentriLock User Agreement. This form is required to have access to SentriLock lockboxes and the SentriKey Real Estate App. Existing TMLS users who already have a SentriKey access will not need to submit this form unless you are obtaining an additional account.
- Schedule of Fees and Payment Form. Complete this form to pay your initiation fee ($1,500 for a new or rejoining office, $200 for a branch office of an existing Triangle MLS firm*) and quarterly user fees.
- MLS of Choice Waiver Form. Complete this form for any licensees electing to waive a Triangle MLS subscription. This form will need to be updated at least annually. See also the TMLS Rules and Regulations Section 6.2 for the complete rules and consequences.
- Letter of Good Standing from the REALTOR® Association where applicant holds Primary Membership.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to call the Membership Department at (919) 654-5419 option 3. Please email all forms to Subscribership@TriangleMLS.com or fax them to (919) 654-5402.
*To qualify as a branch office, the office must have common ownership, firm license number and firm name with a firm currently participating in Triangle MLS, Inc.
Once your application has been processed, you will receive a welcome email providing your MLS ID, password and instructions on how to access the MLS and to complete the required training if applicable. Processing can take two (2) business days. TMLS must first be able to verify your license status, NRDS ID and have already received all completed forms and payment. If you have not been a subscriber of the Triangle MLS within the last 18 months, you will have to complete the Online TMLS Orientation class within thirty (30) days. You will receive an email directly from MindFlash with your link to take the TMLS training online.